The original official Superman fan club was known as the Supermen of America and it began in 1939. By 1966, it was simply called the Superman Club.
These buttons (or pins), which are three-and-a-half inches in diameter, were sold in selected stores for thirty-nine cents. They were manufactured by Button World Manufacturing Company for National Periodical Publications (DC Comics). Its face features the artwork of Wayne Boring.