Superman Club member button (1966)

The original official Superman fan club was known as the Supermen of America and it began in 1939. By 1966, it was simply called the Superman Club.

These buttons (or pins), which are three-and-a-half inches in diameter, were sold in selected stores for thirty-nine cents. They were manufactured by…

Advertisements

Superman comic strip #177 (1943)

Superman’s comic strip run began in 1939 and continued until 1966. This is an actual half page from a 1943 Superman comic strip (number 177) with art by Wayne Boring. The story, entitled Hollywood Victory Caravan, tells the tale of a group of Hollywood actors who travel from city to city and raise money to help fund the United States during World War II. During a bus tour…